EDucation ToGoBox

a kid & her mom just trying to help out a little!

Bloggers love to add images to their posts, but pictures of students using tech is hard to come by. If you Google “EdTech” you’ll find thousands of images of conference speakers preaching technology integration.

As we share ideas online, we can share a library of media that will help get the “picture” across to readers. If you have a picture to share, email us by clicking on the email button at column right. View PhotoBucket Album here.

Remember that these images are labeled as “free for reuse” as long as you don’t benefit financially from their use. To protect yourself from free image license changes, visit ImageStamper….gratis @educ8ter.

technology_art

Middle_Boy_Lab

Elementary_Keyboard

IPOD_Video_Earphones

High_Girl_IPOD

flip_video_camera

12 Comments to “EdTech Images Labeled for Reuse”

1.   Ann Carnevale | January 17th, 2010 at 6:47 AM     

I’ve never considered the possibility of CC license change. This is a great tool, thanks for sharing it.

2.   bigsissy | January 18th, 2010 at 10:22 AM     

I didn’t realize that it was a problem either. Thanks to my PLN on twitter, I found the link to protect us minutes after posting the article. Easy add. More images to come!

3.   Kelly | January 18th, 2010 at 7:59 PM     

Awesome! Hadn’t seen the stamper before. Great start on the EdTech images.

4.   Christine | January 18th, 2010 at 8:43 PM     

Thank you! I’ve placed this in my delicious.com favorites and will revisit this soon.

5.   Shelly Terrell | January 21st, 2010 at 7:46 AM     

Thanks! Great images! This will be so helpful. Do you know if it is possible to use them for Pecha Kucha and Ignite presentations that get recorded?

6.   Melissa | January 21st, 2010 at 7:54 AM     

Thanks for these great images! I am so glad to have found your blog!

7.   Mike | January 21st, 2010 at 8:02 AM     

As part of my job I take pictures of the students using the technology as documentation that they are actually using it and are learning its purpose. I then post those pictures to our website.

Your right though….more and more pictures of studetns utilizing the technology is necessary.

8.   bigsissy | January 21st, 2010 at 8:52 AM     

Thank you for the feedback. This post is mainly a teaser to get others like you to help find more artistic and motivating imagery of our take on tecnhnology in education. @shelly perhaps a pecha kucha event would be a great venue to bring regional PLN together to inspire and invent. Many meet-ups are formal and expensive. There’s always a different starting point for everyone! Perhaps a flickr channel where everyone, like @mike can share their images and we can all link from our blogs? I am lucky that I work at a school where the parents have given full permission for student images and video to be shared! I know everyone does not share that opportunity!

9.   Shelly Terrell | January 21st, 2010 at 3:27 PM     

You are very fortunate! I live in Germany and many of the parents in my classes are very reserved when it comes to taking images of their children. I am doing some conferences and for 3 of them I will be doing Pecha Kucha events. I do not make any money or will, but sometimes these are recorded and put on Youtube. This is why I am asking if it is okay to use some of these images with the Image Stamper on a Pecha Kucha presentation. Thank you for the image stamper! It’s a great tool!

10.   bigsissy | January 21st, 2010 at 7:45 PM     

Germany…wow. My maiden name was Steinke. Know any kids with that name? You have introduced me to Pecha Kucha and I am fascinated! Based on the fact that you are not profiting from your presentation, I don’t see why using these images would be against their label as “free for use”. If you mouse-over each image, you see the original file name and can search for its location to learn more about the author and their intentions. Also, a parent is loaning me an expensive camera on Monday to take images of my class using technology! We’ll see what I can do with that! I’ll send to you asap. Any specific requests?

11.   Data Center Solutions | October 4th, 2011 at 2:50 AM     

It’s good to see this information in your post

12.   Alex Thompson | October 10th, 2012 at 8:31 PM     

Nicely explained article with images. I love such kind of information, Thank you for the post.